Monday, January 16, 2012

New Year's Hopings

I'm not sure I believe in New Year's resolutions. They have always seemed to be a special type of promise that is made to be broken. Prime example being McComas gym to first couple weeks of the semester. For a few weeks, the place will be packed with all types of people in everything from under armour to jean shorts or even reading glasses, a chip clip, and a "Hit Me Baby One More Time" inspired tied up T. Soon enough though, the lines for ellipticals and salad bars will once again clear. So this year, I have perhaps made New Year's hopings- promises to myself that I hope to keep the best I can. This year I am hoping to return to my gym rat ways, eat healthy (but still delicious) food, cooking more often, and somehow stay organized all while planning a dream wedding and ensuring my last spring at tech is amazing.

This blog will encompass many of my New Year's hopings in it. My grandmother wisely said once, "There are those that eat to live and those that live to eat and we are certainly the latter." I have carried these words of wisdom with me from that young age and learned to not only enjoy eating but also creating great food.  After much prodding by several people, I decided it really is time for me to start writing my recipes down to share with everyone. A blog seemed the best way for all to enjoy. My recipes are inspired by family, friends, cookbooks, the internet, and my own imagination. Please cook along with me, share your favorites and interpretations, and stay hungry my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment